StudyNotesWiki

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12345678...108
TOPIC: F1 Concession 2017
F1 Concession 2017 8 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 0
I am currently a final year student in Advance Diploma in Accounting CTA Steam.
Unfortunately I failed FAC3704 I would like to know if I qualify for the F1 concession exam and would like to know when will the list be released.

I wrote my exam now in the Oct/Nov 2016 period.

I cannot find a web page in myunisa

Thank You
sbonza
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2016/12/09 15:27 By sbonza.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:F1 Concession 2017 8 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: -64
Rules for students -

17.7 Undergraduate students in their final year of study who have a maximum of two modules outstanding to complete the qualification may qualify for assistance in terms of the procedure to assist students who have one or two modules outstanding to complete a qualification at Unisa. Modules offered for Non-Degree Purposes in order to complete a
qualification at another university, are not considered for FI Concession purposes. The student must have written and failed the modules in the last examination and the examinations must have been the first examination opportunity. Note that not all modules are considered for FI Concession purposes. Since the university grants the FI Concession opportunity
based on the requirements met by the student, you are not able to apply to the university to be considered for such an assessment opportunity. No student will be granted a third opportunity in respect of the FI Concession. The university reserves the right to award or decline the special assessment opportunity based on the student’s formative and last
summative assessment. Postgraduate students (who qualify) must owe 24 credits or less in order to be considered for the above assistance. This opportunity is granted at the sole discretion of the University. Students cannot apply for this opportunit
Deon van Heerden
Third Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:F1 Concession 2017 8 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: -2
EMAIL FROM THE LECTURE:

The FI students will only be identified in January 2017 (if there is an FI exam), therefore we are unable to tell you now if you are an FI candidate or not.

The system identifies the students based on the following qualifying criteria:
• You must be a final year student
• You must not have more than one or two main modules outstanding to obtain your degree.
• You must have been registered the previous semester for the module you failed.

If you meet all these requirements there is a good chance that you would be on the list to write the FI exam (if there is one).

Once we have the list of students (mid – end of Jan 2017) who qualify for the FI exam, we will notify the students by sending an e-mail to their mylife unisa e-mail addresses.

Regards,
R van den Berg
Sandile28.
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:F1 Concession 2017 8 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 3
Thanks Sandile
flintstone
Second Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:F1 Concession 2017 8 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 0
I have 2 modules left, Company law which I failed with supp and philosophy results still outstanding. I was emailed my results with the exception of philosophy with a timetable for my June supp for company law. my question is, does the f1 concession or special exam take place in June as my supp or are we talking about something alil closer so we can graduate 1st semester next year? they even mentioned in the timetable that The venue will be communicated later on, which confuses me as normal supps you can write at your usual venue....
mmmdaaa
First Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re: F1 Concession 2017 8 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: -6
Re:F1 concession 2016 Jan/Feb confirmation 1 Week, 3 Days ago Karma: 1089 Karma+ Karma-
miss eedee wrote:
42269199muzi wrote:
Fi concession is a programme designed by the university that allows you to complete your qualification without writing exams for da second time but it works like these if you doing a final year nd you fail 1 or two subject nd the university send you an assignment to do if you pass the assignment you don't go for exam sitting but it must be first time to fail da module nd you eligible for fi concession nd you qualify for graduation

will you be eligible for f1 concession if you wrote an aegrotat?

According to the Rules - No.

17.4 Where an examination is deferred or an aegrotat examination (second examination opportunity) is granted, without
the examination having been written at the first examination opportunity, such deferred examination will be regarded
as the second and final examination opportunity for that academic year. No further supplementary, aegrotat or deferred
examinations will be granted and students who fail or are absent from such an examination (for whatever reason) will
have to reregister for the relevant module/paper during the next academic period.

17.7 Undergraduate students in their final year of study who have a maximum of two modules outstanding to complete
the qualification may qualify for assistance in terms of the procedure to assist students who have one or two modules
outstanding to complete a qualification at Unisa. Modules offered for Non-Degree Purposes in order to complete a
qualification at another university, are not considered for FI Concession purposes. The student must have written and
failed the modules in the last examination and the examinations must have been the first examination opportunity. Note
that not all modules are considered for FI Concession purposes. Since the university grants the FI Concession opportunity
based on the requirements met by the student, you are not able to apply to the university to be considered for such an
assessment opportunity. No student will be granted a third opportunity in respect of the FI Concession. The university
reserves the right to award or decline the special assessment opportunity based on the student’s formative and last
summative assessment.

There has been some ambiguity in the past, due to confusion between the words "attempt" and opportunity".

An Aegrotat is a first attempt, but a second opportunity.
A Supp is both a second attempt and second opportunity.
miss eedee
First Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to find out is this consideration open to final year students who have 2 supplementary exams to write in order to complete the qualification?

Not only do i have this two supplementary exams stressing me but my qualification is also being phased out at end of 2016.

Regards
W
Winlove
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:F1 Concession 2017 8 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 1093
Winlove wrote:
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to find out is this consideration open to final year students who have 2 supplementary exams to write in order to complete the qualification?

Not only do i have this two supplementary exams stressing me but my qualification is also being phased out at end of 2016.

Regards
W

Yes, in theory - not all modules may offer F1 Concessions though.

If you accept the offer of an F1 Concession, the Supp will fall away.

F1 Concession - year mark falls away, no cost.
Supp - year mark counts, exam fee to be paid.
bigron
Master's Candidate Boarder
graph
graph

Re:F1 Concession 2017 8 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: -2
Hi guys

I wrote my last 3 modules this semester, passed 2 and got a supplementary in one module (ECS3703). This is the only module left for me to complete my degree. Is there any possibility that I may qualify for FI Concession?

Regards,
Gcobani Tayi
Gcobani2
First Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Gcobani2 wrote:
Hi guys

I wrote my last 3 modules this semester, passed 2 and got a supplementary in one module (ECS3703). This is the only module left for me to complete my degree. Is there any possibility that I may qualify for FI Concession?

Regards,
Gcobani Tayi

Yes - if you are offered an F1 Concession, and you accept it, the Supp will fall away.
bigron
graph
graph

Hey guys!!
Want to know what date roughly they will let you know if you are granted a FIConcession. I got a supplementary for media law. I live in jhb and am going to cpt from 16th Jan till 5th Feb to do a course there and obviously want to be back in time to write.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated
strotam
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2016/12/13 18:47 By strotam.

Re:F1 Concession 2017 8 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 60
Joining the wait for F1 - hope we hear soon
AmeliaF
graphgraph
graphgraph
Bachelor of Business Administration (98316) - Completed 2016
Unisa Programme in Business Management - Completed 2014

Re:F1 Concession 2017 8 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 1
Guys I'm a final year student n I have failed mng3702 which I wrote first semester n failed. I registered 2nd semester n failed again. Awaiting for result of 1 more module. Would I qualify for f1 concession. Also my degree ends 2016... full 10 yrs of study... started 2007. Please help...
Michele-Luan
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:F1 Concession 2017 8 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: -64
• You must not have more than one or two main modules outstanding to obtain your degree.
• You must have been registered the previous semester for the module you failed.
Deon van Heerden
Third Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Deon van Heerden wrote:

hi thanks for the info. but how do we actually apply? do we just email the lecturer?
Ches
Honours Student Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Ches wrote:
Deon van Heerden wrote:

hi thanks for the info. but how do we actually apply? do we just email the lecturer?

You cannot apply for an F1 concession - it is awarded at the discretion of Unisa.
bigron
graph
graph

bigron wrote:
Ches wrote:
Deon van Heerden wrote:

You cannot apply for an F1 concession - it is awarded at the discretion of Unisa.

I hope unisa considers me for mng3702. I didn't even expect to fail this module twice this year
Michele-Luan
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

bigron wrote:
Ches wrote:
Deon van Heerden wrote:

thanks! I'm just sitting here then ...fingers crossed and all that!
Ches
Honours Student Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2016/12/13 22:28 By Ches.

Does anyone know if mng3702 and mac3702 lecturers are allowing f1 concessions for these modules in Jan2017?
Michele-Luan
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2016/12/13 22:34 By Michele-Luan.

Michele-Luan wrote:
Does anyone know if mng3702 and mac3702 are allowing f1 concessions for these modules in Jan2017?

I hope so...just need mng3702 to finish my degree
Ches
Honours Student Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12345678...108

Advertisement

Polls

Are you happy with Unisa's online registration process?