StudyNotesWiki

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: EUP Assignment 13 - The Blog
Re:EUP Assignment 13 - The Blog 1 Year, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
You really need to look at the rubric. This is what the lecturers have to use to mark the assignments:

Assessment rubric for Assignment 12
Nothing submitted = 0%
NOT all questions answered adequately = 10% - 20%
Ethical and IPR issues identified = 30% - 40%
Steps to address both ethical and IPR issues provided = 50%
Refers to, and provides advise in line with, official policy and documents = 60% - 75%
Exceptional, ground breaking ideas 100%

So for 60-75% you need to "provide advise in line with official policy and documents".

Who's policies do you think it refers to and what documents?

Regards

Lionel

P.S. And when you reference something, make sure you reference it properly, e.g.

According to Reddii (2011), "Students often had difficulty using references, especially when it was their first time" (p. 89).
lionelzone
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/04/18 21:32 By lionelzone.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:EUP Assignment 13 - The Blog 1 Year, 5 Months ago Karma: -16
lionelzone wrote:
You really need to look at the rubric. This is what the lecturers have to use to mark the assignments:

Assessment rubric for Assignment 12
Nothing submitted = 0%
NOT all questions answered adequately = 10% - 20%
Ethical and IPR issues identified = 30% - 40%
Steps to address both ethical and IPR issues provided = 50%
Refers to, and provides advise in line with, official policy and documents = 60% - 75%
Exceptional, ground breaking ideas 100%

So for 60-75% you need to "provide advise in line with official policy and documents".

Who's policies do you think it refers to and what documents?

Regards

Lionel

dumb asses advise is verkeerd gespel! moet wees advice!!!!
nie jy nie lionel die unisa people!
MTB-Girl
Master's Candidate Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph
Passed: PVL1501, FLS1501, FLS1502, AFK1504, ILW1501, SCL1501, FAC1503(Credit), CSL2601, FUR2601, IOS2601, ADl2601, EUP1501, CRW2601, CRW2602, CMP2601, PVL2601, PVL2602, IND2601, MRL2601, CIP2601
2nd semester 2014 registered: EVI3701, EVI3702, MRL3701, MRL3702

Actually so was "adequately"
lionelzone
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:EUP Assignment 13 - The Blog 1 Year, 5 Months ago Karma: -1
Ally McBeal wrote:
fkassim wrote:
50898140 wrote:
hi

I think they basically just want to know how much you have learned, if you learned anything with the course, what challenges u was faced with and just generalize on how you think this module or the information you researched will assist you in the future.
I started mine, did not complete it yet, but need to sit with assignment 12 first

Hows your assignment 12 coming along? Any help that you can offer would be great! Please email me on 49273949@mylife.unisa.ac.za Thanks.
where are you getting your info. from?

Also, have chosen to do it in powerpoint or word?

Thank you

Hi
I did powerpoint yes. far less work than a 500 word document! I hate writing essays on something crap.....

I read those websites they gave in the activities to get some info...other than that I pretty much used a bit of common sense....the little bit I have.....when I was still in school way back when (some 20 odd years ago) we had a Library class....and in this class believe it or not we were told a lot about plagariasm an referencing etc...but yes you dont get a lot of info from the study material we were given....

Thanks soo much..thats what I did..was just checking to see if there was anything else/better i could do..with this module i guess not..and now being outside of SA they haven't even finalised our exam date or content yet! they wanna give us an MCQ but have noo idea what to study like how they said to study myitlabs assignments for prac exams for SA students..Anyone have any idea??

Thanks
fkassim
Second Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:EUP Assignment 13 - The Blog 1 Year, 5 Months ago Karma: -1
Ally McBeal wrote:
fkassim wrote:
Natasha Gough wrote:
Can anyone tell me where we can find the steps the faculty can take to address the ethical and IPR issues?

This is for assignment 12!!

So glad Im almost done with this module, it was a nightmare

Im looking for the same thing. Please email me 49273949@mylife.unisa.ac.za if you manage to get anything. I have done something through self-research but doubt that its what's correct. Also, what did you opt for for this assignment, powerpoint or word?

THanks

In none of the material we had to read does it give you any steps...you basically have to use common sense...what "punishment" do you think would be fair if you were caught copying software or using someone else's were and making as if it is your own...suspension? Maybe a bit harsh...but would depend on the severity of the offence...something like that I guess...let your mind flow...think out of the box.

Thanks soo much..thats what I did..was just checking to see if there was anything else/better i could do..with this module i guess not..and now being outside of SA they haven't even finalised our exam date or content yet! they wanna give us an MCQ but have noo idea what to study like how they said to study myitlabs assignments for prac exams for SA students..Anyone have any idea??

Thanks
fkassim
Second Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:EUP Assignment 13 - The Blog 1 Year, 5 Months ago Karma: 21

How to keep EUP positive
Thanks Duard for sharing.
s.djohnson
Third Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph
I do it with voice I do it with Dragon!!

hi there

please can you help me? I cannot find the blog link on my EUP1501 page. Apparently it is supposed to be just under the Learning Units link, but mine's not there. I've contacted Unisa, but as usual, no response. please can you help? I need to do my final assignment.
ronel.fortune
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Can somebody please tell me where to find the blog for assignment 13. This module was a pain. I'd like to say that lol.
diane2012
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:EUP Assignment 13 - The Blog 1 Year, 5 Months ago Karma: 7
ronel.fortune wrote:
hi there

please can you help me? I cannot find the blog link on my EUP1501 page. Apparently it is supposed to be just under the Learning Units link, but mine's not there. I've contacted Unisa, but as usual, no response. please can you help? I need to do my final assignment.

have you clicked on the EUP1501 tab with your group number on? It only appears on there. the other EUP tab does not reflect the blog link.

if it is not in your EUP1501 Group Code tab then I'm afraid I will not be able to assist and only your module leader can. Best is to write him/her a note in the discussion forum asking them for assistance. They were suppose to create it there. Alternatively try to contact Prof Goosen who sends out all the announcements.
Ally McBeal
Third Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

its not there. I have contacted them no response. they never respond. do you have a number? thanks for the reply
ronel.fortune
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

no unfortunately I don't.
best is to write under your discussions to ask your fellow group members or the group leader that was assigned to your group. if you are having problems then the other students also.
Ally McBeal
Third Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:EUP Assignment 13 - The Blog 1 Year, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
People above asked if they rant and rave will they get 0 - should not.

I told them the following,,,,

....it became apparent that this course does not know whether it should be teaching students socio-political issues with regards information technology or purely the use of the MS Office suite of programs....

The MS Office applications portion requires a major rethink. On the positive side, the use of an electronic tool for the doing and submission of the assignments is great – however the quality of the assignments leave a lot to de desired. One is not sure if it is for the beginner or semi-advanced user. The MS Word assignment..... does not teach much about important functionalities of the program. Who cares about formatting a picture .... The MS Powerpoint exercise, likewise, was also not very good ...The Excel exercise was yet another example.... Yes it gave some people an idea of the functionality of the program ... there so much more other material which should be tackled – graphing, logical formulas, naming, pivot tables etc. .....The MS Office exercises where, however, a waste of time to me. What was infuriating was the refusal of UNISA to recognize any experience and grant credits when they should be given

So rant and rave - I don't give a f&^%ing toss for this crappy course - it is shit from start to finish.
kb1001
Third Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:EUP Assignment 13 - The Blog 1 Year, 5 Months ago Karma: -16
kb1001 wrote:

....it became apparent that this course does not know whether it should be teaching students socio-political issues with regards information technology or purely the use of the MS Office suite of programs....
What was infuriating was the refusal of UNISA to recognize any experience and grant credits when they should be given

So rant and rave - I don't give a f&^%ing toss for this crappy course - it is shit from start to finish.

fkn right yeah!!!!!!*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*
MTB-Girl
Master's Candidate Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph
Passed: PVL1501, FLS1501, FLS1502, AFK1504, ILW1501, SCL1501, FAC1503(Credit), CSL2601, FUR2601, IOS2601, ADl2601, EUP1501, CRW2601, CRW2602, CMP2601, PVL2601, PVL2602, IND2601, MRL2601, CIP2601
2nd semester 2014 registered: EVI3701, EVI3702, MRL3701, MRL3702

kb1001 wrote:

The MS Office applications portion requires a major rethink. On the positive side, the use of an electronic tool for the doing and submission of the assignments is great – however the quality of the assignments leave a lot to de desired. One is not sure if it is for the beginner or semi-advanced user. The MS Word assignment..... does not teach much about important functionalities of the program. Who cares about formatting a picture .... The MS Powerpoint exercise, likewise, was also not very good ...The Excel exercise was yet another example.... Yes it gave some people an idea of the functionality of the program ... there so much more other material which should be tackled – graphing, logical formulas, naming, pivot tables etc. .....The MS Office exercises where, however, a waste of time to me. What was infuriating was the refusal of UNISA to recognize any experience and grant credits when they should be given

I agree the standard of the MS Office assignments was very poor. I did a computer course in MS Office up to advanced level. In word we had stuff like mail merge which they don't teach you in this module. Likewise in excel and powerpoint very useful features you don't get taught. but then again this course is basically entry level module to teach basic skills to enter the work place or be able to do assignments on a pc and typing it instead of written and posting it. But yes they could've been a bit more lenient towards those students who already have a qualification or even working knowledge of these programmes. Maybe get our employers to write a letter (or we write and they sign) stating that we have daily working with Office packages. Or even by giving us a test (like we getting in the exam or the ones on MYitLab) so that we can do that and proof to them that we can actually do these programmes.

The other stuff we had to do in discussion and then submit the follow up was equally pathetic especially the one on cellphone technology....
Ally McBeal
Third Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/04/23 23:35 By Ally McBeal.

The whole module was pathetic.

But to add insult to injury, we have to write a flippin blog and wax lyrical about how great the module is. ((
Chris_Bsc
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Chris_Bsc wrote:
The whole module was pathetic.

But to add insult to injury, we have to write a flippin blog and wax lyrical about how great the module is. ((

I'm just not going to do the blog.. The assignements count for nearly nothing and I see no point in praising this subject in an attempt to get a mark. Most people will get 0% if they answer that honestly because I don't think anyone could have gained anything positive from this subject
RhuanMol
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

remember the reflection is a skill that is used in lot of subjects. It's not about praising the subject.
s.djohnson
Third Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:EUP Assignment 13 - The Blog 1 Year, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
The assignments count for 80% of your final mark, so I would suggest you do it.
If you follow the instructions of the assignment, then there is no need to 'wax lyrical'. I certainly did not.
I politely stated that I did not find the course helpful and that there was no guidance given to students. Also that the discussion forums were a waste of time.
Just do it and move on.
WayneRSA
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

WayneRSA wrote:
The assignments count for 80% of your final mark, so I would suggest you do it.
If you follow the instructions of the assignment, then there is no need to 'wax lyrical'. I certainly did not.
I politely stated that I did not find the course helpful and that there was no guidance given to students. Also that the discussion forums were a waste of time.
Just do it and move on.

+1
s.djohnson
Third Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12

Advertisement

Polls

Are you happy with Unisa's online registration process?