StudyNotesWiki

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: CMP2601 EXAM TIPS - REPLY FROM UNISA-SUPPLEMTARY
CMP2601 EXAM TIPS - REPLY FROM UNISA-SUPPLEMTARY 3 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
Hi All

CMP2601 EXAM TIPS - REPLY FROM UNISA-

STUDENTS WRITNG SUPPLEMTARY EXAMS MUST STUDY CHILD JUSTICE ACT - VERY NB!

See Attached Discussion Class Notes!

Child Justice Act very NB! - See TUT 103 for Exam and Assigsment 2.

UNISA did not upload any TUT's for students writing Supplemenatry Exams, how on earth ware they supposed to know about the
new Question coming in the Exam relating to CJA!!

UNISA refuse to supply all TUT's to students writing Supplemenatry Exams!

Dear................
As per UNISA’s policy decision you are not entitled to the full range of tutorial letters since you are not registered for CMP 2601 or CMP 3701.
TUT 101/3/2011 contains instruction for 2011 students as to the prescribed study material as well as the assignments for the semester. The TUT 101 is therefore of no consequence to you.
TUT 102/3/2011 contains the discussion class dates which are of no consequence to you as a supplementary exam student.
TUT 103/2/2011 contains the study material which we expect you to study concerning the Child Justice Act which material is not in the textbook. I apologize for mislabeling this material as TUT 101 and it is, as you so clearly indicate, actually TUT 103 which was attached to my previous mail.
TUT 104/2/2011 contains the exam preparation guide for the subject and, as per my last e-mail, it was attached for both CMP2601 and CMP3701.
TUT 201 contains the feedback for the assignments posed in the TUT 101 which is of no concern to you since you were not required to submit the assignments and you are not registered for the subjects but are entitled to a supplementary exam.

Regards,

Department of Criminal and Procedural Law

Good Luck

Wildboy
wildboy
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CMP2601 EXAM TIPS - REPLY FROM UNISA-SUPPLEMTARY 3 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
wildboy
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:CMP2601 EXAM TIPS - REPLY FROM UNISA-SUPPLEMTARY 3 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
File Attachment:
File Name: DISCUSSION_CLASS_PRIVATE_NOTES_NB_FOR_EXAM___S1__2011_CMP2016.pdf
File Size: 161681
wildboy
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:CMP2601 EXAM TIPS - REPLY FROM UNISA-SUPPLEMTARY 3 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
dude ur a legend!!!!!!!
Nishkar101
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:CMP2601 EXAM TIPS - REPLY FROM UNISA-SUPPLEMTARY 3 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
FINALLY SOMEONE CAME HELPED. thank you SO MUCH!!! And I assume since sup xam and normal xams are the same xam paper,the discussion notes will help everyone thats writing. You saved allt of people stress.thanx dood.
Alsisgevat
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:CMP2601 EXAM TIPS - REPLY FROM UNISA-SUPPLEMTARY 3 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
whoohoo! this was EXACTLY what i was looking for!! supp's always make a student feel SO isolated! thank you thank you thank you!!!
Shanzi83
First Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:CMP2601 EXAM TIPS - REPLY FROM UNISA-SUPPLEMTARY 3 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
this is nonsense, how were we supposed to find this out, its the day before the exam and now we must learn this new work?! does anybody have an idea how many marks this new section will count in the exam?

please reply with info
James Bostonlegal
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:CMP2601 EXAM TIPS - REPLY FROM UNISA-SUPPLEMTARY 3 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you so much!!!
GayleneC
Third Year Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

THANK YOU
jae
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:CMP2601 EXAM TIPS - REPLY FROM UNISA-SUPPLEMTARY 3 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4
ACTUALLY THANK YOU TO MARIETTE AT CLS!!!!
SHE PUT THE WORK INTO THIS ATTACHMENT.
LISAVR
Fresh Out of Matric
graphgraph
graphgraph

Hi All

Don't thank me, thank Mariette at CLS for her 3 page "DISCUSSION CLASS PRIVATE NOTES" I have uploaded in this post.

UNISA, Department of Criminal and Procedural Law, have failed me horribly in this Module.

As stated in my previous post, they did not upload one single TUT, informing students writing supplementary Exams (same exam paper),

that Questions would come from the "NEW" Child Justice Act ETC. Lets see tomorrow if I am correct?

Prof Swanepoel did not reply/ supplied informatiom about the supplementary exam, (tomorrow), and ignored my e-mail.
(also have a look at all the mistakes in the TUT's - The Afrikaans translation etc.)

For some unfair reason, they discriminate against students writing Supplementary exam - I am advised to lodge a formal complaint, depending my exam results.

She is surely going to win my prize for the "mamparra" of Unisa, Department of Criminal and Procedural Law, this semester!!.

Like many other students writing supplementary exams, I was extremely worried (not wanting to fail again - I got 47% - was also unfairly penalised in an assignment),

I requested Mariette at CLS (www.criticallawstudies.co.za) for URGENT assistance (CLS have assisted me a great deal and I am thankful to them................)

Thankfully Mariette forwarded me the "DISCUSSION CLASS PRIVATE NOTES".

I felt deeply sorry for my fellow students, (some begged for info) knowingly that they are in the same boat, and can also fail "again", I uploaded the Notes (marked not for resale / copyright protected)

in an last minute effort to save my fellow students - isn't that the purpose of this site? ( I did not upload the other notes or this notes at the "Notes and Exam Papers" section) and or sold any!!

Please don't shoot me................

Please thank / send money to Mariette at CLS!! (they also have other notes and really do their best etc.)

Once again, thank you Mariette.

Good luck tomorrow!!

I am trying to get the JCA in my head!!

Regards
wildboy
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Re:CMP2601 EXAM TIPS - REPLY FROM UNISA-SUPPLEM 3 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
The facts:
On January 16, 2010, two teenage boys broke into a home on Southwest Street during the
afternoon. The two were ransacking the house when they were confronted by police Officer, X.
The teenagers, Leonardo, age 17, and Rolando, age 14, tried to flee when Officer X found
them inside a bedroom in the house. Both juveniles jumped through a window and X tried to
follow him, but struggled to get through. Officer X claims that Leonardo threatened his life,
pointing a handgun at the police officer. Fearing for his life, X fired a shot, which went through
Leonardo’’s leg. Leonardo apparently escaped despite his injury and, as he scaled down the
wall with the gunshot wound to his thigh, Officer X says the teen again pointed the gun at him.
X fired the second shot, inflicting another fatal wound upon Leonardo.
The Questions:

Question 1
Discuss the lawfulness or not of X’’s actions, presuming on the basis of two arguments, first
that X’’s version of the second bullet is true and secondly, that it is not true. (15)

Question 2
Should the prosecution decide to prosecute Rolando for housebreaking with the intent to
commit theft, discuss how in terms of the Child Justice Act, Rolando is to be arrested, brought
to court and tried. The possible diversion procedures to be followed should also be addressed.
You may download Act 75 of 2008 on www.justice.gov.za/legislation/acts/2008-
075_CJgg32225_eng.pdfp

FORM UNISA TUT
wildboy
Second Semester Boarder
graphgraph
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: dirkd, Amanda1, Shazie, alsoran, ostachio

Advertisement

Polls

Are you happy with Unisa's online registration process?